Friday, May 30, 2008

She said yes!

Ok, I admit to being a bad blogger but things have been pretty busy since the last post (as if they weren't before). This is because, in addition to hitting my biggest training weeks, I am also having to start wedding planning! Since by now this isn't news to anyone, I'll just give a few details about how it went down.

Sunday May 18th was a planned day off, which is nothing out of the ordinary. In the past we've done all sorts of things on these days, such as going to the zoo, snowshoeing, or just hanging around town and seeing a movie. In fact, one of the times we were snowshoeing Leigh thought I was going to propose when I reached to get something out of my backpack...but that was just a set up for this time (at least I can think that in hindsight).

We went to the Wild Basin trailhead where we'd done a hike the previous fall, and headed up to Copeland falls on a trail which followed the St. Vrain creek (the lower elevations of which I had biked alongside just the day before). It was windy and mostly overcast, although the sun would peek through from time to time. I hadn't planned the exact moment to do it, but when the sun came out right when we reached the falls I knew I had it do it then to get the sparkle sparkle effect. After sitting down and eating a bit, I pulled the gift box out of my backpack, gave it to her and watched unwrap it and then assumed the position on one knee and we were both very happy on the way back. Here is a picture of us just a few minutes after the happy moment, and a picture of the ring:



By now we actually have a lot of ideas for the wedding, and should have a date/location within a few weeks. We'll keep all family/friends informed as soon as we know the details!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray - an updated blog post!
We are very excited and happy for you and Leigh!
Love,
Mom & Dad

Lisa said...

Congrats! I am very, very happy for you and will happily fly to Denver for the wedding! :)

Leigh is a wonderful addition to our family and we are thrilled to have her join us.

YEY!